Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tour down the North Shore

Being a bit behind, due to the extended weekend and related gardening chores, it has taken me a while to get this written up.

Last Thursday, I took the root beer bike on the Metra North Line down to the Rogers Park stop. I then headed to Chef's house, where the ride began.

We headed west a bit south of Touhy to catch the River Trail that heads north into Evanston. It was the warmest day of the year so far, well into the 80s in the direct sun., as we headed North, basically following McCormick, it seemed to heat up and required a couple of ice tea stops.

As I got warmed up, I suggested to Chef that I was interested in riding home on the Green Bay Trail, instead of circling back to his house. Once we got to Green Bay Road, we went under the Metra North Line tracks and headed north on the first street east of the tracks. About 3 or 4 blocks brought us to Wilmette, where we grabbed the Green Bay Trail. Chef peeled off at Hubbard Woods, but I made it all the way back home.

My first trip from Chicago to home for the year! About 25 or 30 miles, total, not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment